It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome :D

We hope this forum will be easy for most people to use, even if you're new to discusson forums or notice boards as they are also known.

:?: Why do I have to register ?

Registering ensures your messages are always shown with the same name. If we didn't use registration, the messages would show as being from guest14, guest227, guest5, etc, and you would not even retain the same guest identity!

:?: What do I have to tell you about myself ?

Absolutely nothing! You make up your own name and password, so you decide what you are called. We do ask for an email address, but that isn't shown on the forum - it just means we can contact you if we feel we need to. Of course, you can even make up your email address if you really want to be anonymous, as you become a forum member as soon as you submit your registration. We do not send you back an email asking you to click a link to verify you are not an automatically generated computer robot logging in (don't ask, it's a long story!).

:?: Some posters seem to have little pictures by their names. How do I get one?

You can select a picture, known as an avatar, by clicking the Profile link at the top of the page. This allows you to change your registered information, and has an additional section where you select your avatar. This was left off the registration screen in order to make registration a quick straightforward process.

:?: Who are you - you seem to have a split personality!

There are two of us looking after this forum:
  • Mel (meljones) contributes the wine knowledge, opinions and prices
  • Pete (Pete :roll:), Mel's husband, who fiddles with the bits under the bonnet :wink:
As you will notice from this post, there is also QOadmin. That could be either of us - it just depends who's feeling bossy at the time :D