It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:26 pm 

Beautiful Santa Maria elegance, 13.5% alc, Pale, yet terrific weight on the palate, wonderful mouth coating feel, silky and long finish.

Where do you acquire this wine - Some said that Majestic once had this in their fine wine warehouse, I've found it, £38 each

Very difficult to describe this flavour, let me try. The wine has that extraordinary streak of medium ground peppercorns running through, just after the glorious mid palate, that adds a certain sophistication that is never achieved at the budget level. The wine is the hallmark black cherry tasting of free running juice from the dark magenta cherries picked off the tree. There is not a wisper of jammy confection in the flavour, such purity, so perfect. Complex mushroom / fungi, and sweet forest floor pine needles as well as leaf mould. A Heavenly aroma.

Be sure to decant at least an hour before serving, as this wine builds and builds.

Ok, the wine has the pepper streak found in Corton and best Aloxe Corton, whilst also having similar attributes found in Vosne Romanee in very ripe years. A certain pale and bright garnet mystery - that delivers an unbelievable weight on the palate, pale and powerful, so rare these days.
The very opposite of the style that R Parker would / may have you all swooning over. I think Mel would love this wine, and Shez and GK.

Real class, lovingly made, perhaps the top quality François Frères barrels add to the wine's beauty and subtle complexity

For the typical burgundian lover, I believe today, this is probably the Best 'for my palate' New World Pinot Noir I have ever tasted.

Here is a wacky article about the unconventional owner and wine maker: http://www.wine-searcher.com/m/2014/03/ ... -clendenen

A wine that goes near the top of my memory gallery, and for me, great QPR

There is no review on Majestic - You found it first, here on QO :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:34 am 

Sounds delish, you've been spoiling yourself :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:45 pm 

From Oz & James...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxNC4Ewbze8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:03 pm 

Sounds terrific Duncan
Some expert reviews found here: http://www.winedirect.co.uk/au-bon-clim ... urer_id=34

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:58 pm 

Hello MrD,

I was gonna do a review of Telegraph Station cuvee 1872 Pinot Noir 2014 from Oztralia wot I bought for a fiver minus 25% at Tesco. It was quite nice in a very simple sort of way. More cherry than gamey lovelyness but just about enough meat to keep me happy.

I shan't bother now though.

I shall just stand in the corner and dream that one day I shall be in your league.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:12 pm 

Thanks for building this thread, Guys :D

Cheers all.

Jancis has it about right at the time, but by now, the wine has developed significantly since her TN.

If you find this on offer, please keep for another 3 or so years (IMHO), decant for at least an hour before serving to deliver all the facets of this beautiful wine.

I'm smitten with the Isabelle cuvee' - wonderful stuff

One could make a load of mistakes going with a bottle to a particularly posh dinner party, this one reliably guarantees satisfaction on many levels. For those with deep pockets, buy with confidence.